ANO means Associate Ncc Officer. This article is very useful if you want to know how to become an Associate NCC Officer (ANO). We will discuss all Ncc ANO training in this article.
Here are the points on which we are going to discuss ANO training & all its aspects:
- Associate NCC Officer (ANO)
- Eligibility of Associate NCC Officer
- Enrolment & Retirement Age
- Ranks for Associate NCC Officer
- Important Documents links related to ANO
Associate NCC Officer
Volunteer & willing Professors and Teachers are appointed as part-time NCC officers. These NCC officers are called Associate Ncc Officers (ANOs). Mostly, the functioning of the NCC in institutions depends on the motivated ANO. However, the Associate NCC Officer (ANO) creates the most vital link between the educational institute & Ncc Battalion. Basically, the Associate NCC Officer has to undergo training in a 3-month rigorous Pre-commission Course.
In case, there is an absence of ANO, a Care Taker will look after Ncc Unit. While the appointment of a Caretaker is done at the school or institute level.
Eligibility of Associate NCC Officer (ANO)
According to Rule 13 of NCC Acts & Rules 1949, regular teaching staff of colleges & schools can become an ANO. However, there are the following criteria for being an ANO:
- Should be a permanent teaching staff of the educational institute. In the case of the temporary teacher, the principal has to give an undertaking that he/she will serve for three years in the institute.
- Should have a good character.
- Has to satisfy the physical fitness standers specified by the Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
- Should be a citizen of India or Nepal subject. He/she should not be a part or a member of any communal or political organization.
- Should not be dismissed from the girl’s division.
- If a suitable male ANO is not available in the boy’s Battalion/mixed battalion in school, a lady ANO can be appointed.
- For the appointment of ANO, PTI, PET, DPE, sports officers, and demonstrators are eligible.
- Even the headmistresses are also eligible for the ANO.
Enrolment & Retirement Age
- Eligible candidates should be a minimum of over 21 years old.
- He/she should be under 42 years of age. In fact, the age is extendable up to 45 years.
- The retirement age is 56 years.
- This age is extendable up to 60 years in two spells of two years each.
(Also Read- How to Start Ncc in School)
Selection & Recommendation
At the school/college level, the principal or HOD gives the recommendation. Then, the recommended candidate is interviewed by the selection committee of directorates.
Pre-Commission Course (3-Month Training)
After the selection of candidates, the candidates have to undergo a 3-month course. This 3-month PRCN (Pre-commission) course is conducted to:
- OTA (Officer Training Academy) Kamptee, Maharashtra (For Male)
- OTA (Officer Training Academy) Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (For Female)
After completing training, the trained ANO assumes the duty of Company Commander (Troop Commander in the Junior wing).
Ranks for Associate NCC Officer
For Colleges & Universities (In-charges of SD & SW)
For Schools (In-charges of JD & JW)
- Chief Officer
- 1st Officer
- 2nd Officer
- 3rd Officer
For the ANO in Colleges & Universities (In-charges of SD & SW)
- Major 3000/- Per Month
- Captain 2500/- Per Month
- Lieutenant 2000/- Per Month
For the ANO in Schools (In-charges of JD & JW)
- Chief Officer 2500/- per Month
- 1st Officer 2200/- per Month
- 2nd Officer 2000/- per Month
- 3rd Officer 1800/- per Month
Important Documents links related to ANO
- NCC Handbook
- Honorarium/Allowance of ANO/Care Taker
- G.O of Govt of India
- KVS Clarification about Honorarium
- How To Start New NCC Unit In School
- देवी प्रसाद राय चौधरी (D P Rai Chaudhary) ￼
- कालिदास संस्कृत अकादमी (Kalidas Sanskrit Academy)
- Ncc Refresher Course- My experience￼
- नंदलाल बोस | Nandalal Bose Painting Style | Bangal School
- Caretaker in Ncc | Ncc Caretaker
- मेदुसा के बेड़ा चित्र की कहानी | The Raft of The Medusa Story