Caretaker in Ncc plays an important role in imparting training & managing Ncc Unit at the school level. He/she looks after the Ncc Troop when there is no Ano (Associate Ncc Officer) or at the time of the new Ncc Unit.
- Caretaker in Ncc
- Conditions to Appoint
- Important Circulars & Letters
Caretaker in Ncc
Ncc Caretaker is an appointed person who looks after the Ncc unit at the school level. He/ She also make liaison with the Ncc Unit or concerned Battalion. The caretaker also looks after the documentation & manages the Ncc unit. He/she also plays the role of bridge between institutional Ncc unit & concerned Unit or battalion.
Conditions to Appoint
The conditions to appoint a caretaker are:
- In case a new Ncc wing has been raised in institute/school/college or university.
- When the unit of any institute does not have any trained ANO
- On the retirement of old ANO.
The head of the institution recommends one of his teaching staff for this appointment. Generally, the person who is taking care of the Ncc unit at the institutional level is recommended for the appointment of Caretaker.
There is no such prescribed eligibility for the appointment of a caretaker. In fact, regular teaching staff can be selected for it. As the appointed caretaker will soon go for PRCN Course to become an ANO. So, the eligibility of ANO should be followed:
- He/she should be permanent teaching staff of the educational institute. In case of temporary teacher, the principal has to give undertaking that he/she will serve for three years in the institute.
- He/she should have a good character, has to satisfy the physical fitness standers specified by Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
- Should be the citizen of India or Nepal subject.
- He/she should not be the part or member of any communal or political organization.
- He/she should not be dismissed from the girl’s division.
- In case of a suitable male ANO is not available in the boy’s Battalion/mixed battalion in school, the institute can appoint a lady ANO.
- For the appointment of ANO, PTI, PET, DPE, sport officer and demonstrators are eligible.
- The headmistresses are also eligible to be appointment of ANO
The concerned Directorate appoints Caretaker. However, the head of the institution recommends the candidates. Then the concerned unit & group headquarter with their approval, sent it to its directorate. Finally, on the basis of recommendation & approval sent to it, the Directorate Appointed the caretaker.
- The tenure of a caretaker is a year only.
- The second year, if he/ she does not get chance to go for PRCN course, his tenure can be extended.
- The Ncc Headquater extend the the second year tenure.
The rate of honorarium of a caretaker is:
- For SD/SW Care taker – Rs. 1500/- per month
- For JD/JW Care taker – Rs. 1200/- per month
Important Circulars & Documents
- Honorarium/Allowance of ANO & Caretaker Officer (CTO)
- KVS Letter Seeking Clarification regarding CTO Honorarium
- Letter from DGNCC New Delhi
- Govt Revised Rate of Honorarium
- RTI of KVS regarding fund