Ncc is very popular among the youth of India. Ultimately, school/colleges provide the chance to join NCC for the youth. Hence, the question of how to start Ncc in school/colleges became the most important. In this article, find out how to start the Ncc sub-unit in schools/colleges.
- Benefits of Ncc Troops in School/College
- To whom to Contact
- General Requirements
- Declaration from the Institutions
- Process of Opening New NCC Unit in Institution
Benefits of Ncc Troops in School/College
- Facility for the students of the institute to enroll or to join in NCC
- It helps to develop the spirit of patriotism and social service among the students.
- Ncc develops the quality of leadership as well as motivation to the students.
- It develops character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook among the students.
- Ncc Unit provides an environment conducive to motivating youth to join the armed forces.
- The Institutional Ncc unit of the institute adds charm to the outlook of the institution.
- For teaching staff, the NCC sub-unit also provides a chance to be a part of the army as the Associate NCC Officer.
To whom to Contact
Institute has to contact the Commanding Officer of nearest Ncc Unit to raise new Ncc sub unit. The institute will also find the application form from there. After filling the application forms in prescribed format, the head of the institute will submit to the CO.
Institute has to fulfil some pre-conditions before to apply. These pre-conditions requirements are:
A teacher is appointed as Ncc Officer to conduct Institutional Ncc Unit. So, the school or college has to provide regular teaching staff for this. Later on, this Ncc officer attends Pre-commission Course and becomes An Associate Ncc Officer (ANO).
Store Room & Officer Room
Institute has to provide a storeroom to keep the equipment and clothing of Ncc. There should be an officer room too in the institute where Ncc Officer will work and look after all the Ncc activities.
Institute has to provide a training area or ground for the parade. There should be a proper open ground for the parade and in some cases, shooting range.
Supplementing Financial Resources
During the parade, the refreshments are distributed to the cadets. So, for this supplementing Financial requirements have to manage (in the case of Govt added Institutions). While the private schools & Colleges have to bear the entire expenditure of the state’s share.
- How to become Associate NCC Officer (ANO)
- NCC Cadets Celebrate Kargil Victory Day
- NCC Cadets Perform Various Awareness Programs
Declaration from the Institution
Institute has to give undertaking some declaration in the application forms. The main points of this declarations are:
- Declaration of running Ncc unit as per Ncc rules & not to withdraw Ncc before the ten years.
- Maximum Enrolment of the cadets up to the required strength. Also, the maintenance of the strength consistently during the training session.
- Regular Attendance of the cadets on parade during the training session.
- Maintenance of proper discipline of Ncc Officer as well as of cadets.
- Ensuring Ncc Cadets return all Ncc stores, equipment & clothes issued to them for training before they leave the institution.
- Accommodation, as required, will be provided for officer store room & strong room.
- Arrangement of medical examination of the cadets will be made.
Process of Opening New NCC Unit in Institution
The head of the Institute will contact to CO of the nearest NCC Unit. Actually, the opening of a new Ncc sub-unit depends on the head of the institute. He has to do some documentation with the CO of the nearest Ncc Unit.
In fact, an application form for raising new units is available in Ncc Unit. The head or the principal will get that application. After filling it as per the prescribed manners, Institute has to submit it to the CO.
Local NCC Unit Level
The local Ncc unit will scrutinize the application. It will also examine the feasibility of raising Ncc in the institution. On the fulfillment of the conditions, the Local Ncc Unit/battalion forwards it to Group Headquarter for the recommendations.
Group Head Quarter Level
Now Application reaches to Group Head Quarter. Group Head Quatre forwards it to the Directorate with their recommendations endorsed on the relevant part of the application.
Directorate checks two things before forwarding the application to NCC Head Quarter- 1. Availability of cadets strength, & 2. Financial Commitment as per the following two conditions:
1. Privet Or Self Financing Institute
It is already mentioned that such an institution has to bear the entire expenditure. So this institute already agrees to the financial commitment in the application. In the case of KVS, JNV, Military School, etc, their head of the institute has to give his commitment to bear financial implications.
2. State Govt Institutes Or State Govt Added Institution
The directorate forwards the application of such institute to the State Govt for bearing their share of financial implications. The endorsements of the State Govt are mandatory to raise new Ncc sub-units.
When endorsement to bear financial commitment & availability of cadets strength are ensured, the directorate forwards the application to CC HQ for sanction of the raising.
Final Process at NCC HQ
Ncc Headquarter also scrutinized these applications. After ensuring financial commitment & eligibility of the institution, Ncc HQ sanctions new sub-unit on the basis of the criterion of waiting list seniority. Consequently, HQ accords & communicates sanctions to the directorate.
In the same way Directorate communicates the sanction to concern Group HQ. In addition to this, Gp HQ communicates to the Unit.
For more authentication information & updates, please go through the Enrolment Procedure on NCC Official website.
As you see, this is the official process of raising a new sub-unit in an Institution. I think the role of the head of the institution is very important. If he can keep on in connection with the nearest Ncc unit. Proper documentation is required from the head of the institutions. In some states, there is no vacancy available for the boys’ wing. However, the Women’s wing is available & easily has been allotted to the institutions.
I hope you will find this article useful. If have any suggestions or want to share some relevant information, feel free to comment me below in comment box.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Keep connecting & keep reading my posts.